STEM CORE leads, contributes to, and collaborates with a variety of STEM Programs that all align with STEM CORE’s overall mission and goals.
STEM CORE helps provide access to STEM careers through scholarships and research experience programs:
- Experiencing Science Practices through Research to Inspire Teaching (ESPRIT) Scholarships
- Scholarships for Oregon Scientists (SOS II) Program
- Summer Program for Undergraduate Research (SPUR)
STEM CORE leads and contributes to a number of teacher professional development programs as well. Current projects include:
- Academic Wellness and the Common Core (AWCC)
- Content in Context SuperLessons (C2SL)
- High School Teacher Physical Science Workshops
- Icebergs Project: Scientist-School Partnership
- Brain Project: Scientist-School Partnership
- STILTS: Strategies for Technology-enhanced Inquiry Learning and Teaching in Science
- UO Real Solutions for NGSS Science Teaching
- Lane Science Project (LSP) in partnership with Oregon Science Project (OSP) (STEM CORE serves in an advisory role)
STEM CORE promotes collaborative initiatives supporting STEM education. Click to see a summary of funded projects that STEM CORE seeded.
STEM CORE works alongside multiple independent local and UO-affiliated programs. A list of these STEM outreach programs with links may be found on the right-hand panel (scroll down to see all).