STEM CORE offers the following services to the faculty and departments within the College of Arts and Sciences:
- Contributing to the development of competitive proposals, with specific emphasis on broader impacts as required by NSF, and education about grant opportunities
- Recruiting K-12 and community college students to the undergraduate program, with an emphasis on students from underrepresented groups
- Improving and expanding outreach efforts to all audiences
- Supporting evidence-based teaching approaches among faculty, GTFs, and UTAs
- Collaborating in the development of a teaching track serving undergraduate majors interested in teaching secondary science
To discuss CAS support services STEM CORE offers, contact associate director Bryan Rebar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A summary of services including support for education and outreach projects, i.e., “broader impacts,” is provided in the presentation below.